Tuesday, June 17

Quote for Today

"Live for something... Write your name in kindness, love and mercy on the hearts of thousands you come in contact with... you will never be forgotten." Thomas Chalmers


This quote was encouraging for me today... I sometimes wonder if my life is leaving a legacy, this says it is... if I am seeking to glorify God with my life and to be these things to the world. I have great friends who attempt to remind me (THANK YOU) but sometimes it is hard to see past my own selfishness & pride in my life not being what I have dreamt it would be. I need to see that God has a plan for what my life is. Me even desiring to have a legacy shows how prideful I am. This is God's best for me today. I "know" this but am I living it. Therein lies my struggle today.

Thank you Father for continuing to reveal my sin and show me areas where change is necessary. Please help me to be allow you to shape me.

"I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus." Phil. 3:14

1 comment:

Iturblog said...

Great quote! You are indeed leaving a legacy through the people you live your life with. You are so giving and selfless. I know you have been an inspiration and encouragement to me many times! Thank you for your humility and for the reminder that God is in control and that He KNOWS what is best for each of us!