Wednesday, February 25

Okay so...

Alrighty well I am going to share something I consider a little embarrassing... I have the WORST nickname EVER. I totally believe it is at least in the top 10 of bad nicknames. And to make matters worse my Dad always thought it was a term or endearment (I do not agree btw). This all started when I was just a little tyke as the story goes I was 2 or so I would wake up every morning with a yucky nose so my dad proceeded to start calling me snotz. Yep that's it... now I am sure some of you sitting out there think that you have the worst nickname but come on you have to admit that is pretty bad.

So why would I share with you that I have this little nickname that I think is so bad? Simply because today I feel like I am again 2 years old ... I have been having a runny nose and sneezing like crazy lately. I do believe that allergies are a method of sanctification in my life, they remind me to be thankful in all things even the small irritations of life. We have moments everyday when we can choose to have a good day or a bad. These light and momentary things that really are nothing in the big scheme of things could bring our day down so lets choose to enjoy life. We have so much to be thankful for today. I mean and come on letting a runny nose ruin this beautiful day??? NO WAY!

Just a little reminder that God gave me this morning when I wanted to grumble and complain about these allergies. So whatever your runny nose is today choose to enjoy the day God has given you anyway.

"Do all things without grumbling or complaining." Philippians 2:14

"To enjoy your work and to accept your lot in life- that is indeed a gift from God. The person who does that will not need to look back with sorrow on his past, for God gives him joy." Ecclesiastes 5:20

2 comments:

Blessed Blackman Bunch said...

Just beware that EVERYONE around here has been REALLY sick! There is a bunch of CRUD going around that seems like "little" things.
Just FYI!
FEEL BETTER and I love you! :)

ReBenMyers said...

I hear ya, my dad is still in bed with the CRUD. I am still runny, mom is coughing like a veteran smoker~~~ GROSS! But absolutely you know God is still in control. And we have a responsiblility to praise His name through it. I hope you get to filling better soon. Love you and now that I am home we should hang out so you don't have to go as far!!!!