Monday, January 9

3 Kings Cake (With Recipe)

We enjoyed a nice 3 Kings Day Celebration (a day late) with the Delgado's and I attempted my first King Cake.  It turned out yummy!!! The plate was cleaned pretty quickly which made me happy. So I thought I would share the recipe.

I used the following ingredients

2 Tubes of Buttery Flaky Crescent Rolls (but any kind will do)
Butter Spray
Cinnamon Sugar (1/4 cup to 1 Tbsp Ratio)
1/2 can of Sugar Free Apple Pie Filling
1 8 oz package of 1/3 fat Cream Cheese Softened
1/4 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
Microwavable Glaze

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Pull out your pizza pan. Grab 2 cans ofbutter flavored crescent rolls. Unroll all the triangles and place large end towards the outside, like making one of those Pampered Chef crescent roll rings. Spray with butter spray, forming a pretty circle. Sprinkle a generous amount of cinnamon and sugar. Mix softened cream cheese vanilla & 1/4 cup of sugar together till well combined.  Spoon mixture about halfway towards center in a ring, then spoon pie filling on top of cream cheese filling. (If you have a plastic baby or nut to insert you can do so here.) Roll the large ends of the triangles over your filling making an oval of dough. Spritz with more butter and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar. You should have a large ring of dough. You don’t want a perfect circle, but more of an oval shape. Bake until golden brown all over. 17-20 min.






I cheated when it came to icing and used 1/2 bottle of microwavable glaze from the cake isle.  A traditional New Orleans Style king Cake is topped with icing and then colored sugar.  I moved mine to the platter b/4 adding the glaze.  Moving to the platter is tricky, it took 2 spatulas and tipping the pizza pan to get it on the plate for me.





 

1 comment:

Blessed Blackman Bunch said...

Ok...in all this I said "Hey, who has a phone cover like mine!?" Seriously..SQUIREL. I MUST have ADD. Or maybe the phone cover is pink and black where as mine is purple and pink.
Anyway...looks YUMMY! I have only had store bought and wasn't overly impressed but your cake LOOKS and SOUNDS delish! :) Thanks for sharing.