Wednesday, May 2

Surprise Surprise Surprise

Thursday March 1, 2012

I woke up with a cold that had started the day before.  It had been a sad and bit stressful couple of weeks for the community on our base and I hadn't realized till the night before that I was late.  I decided to take a pregnancy test before I took any cold medicine "just in case".

So with my sweet husband still sleeping I took a test and then walked in to the kitchen to start some coffee.  Three minutes later I turned the test over and this picture above is what I saw.  I was immediately so excited but quite a bit surprised because we weren't planning on a pregnancy till the end of the year.

All ideas of a cute way to tell Chris flew right out the window as I heard him get up and heard his toothbrush going so I walked in the bathroom with the test behind my back and waited for him to finish.  As soon as he was done he turned and looked at me and said "What?"  I know I was staring and must have had a weird look on my face.  So I said "I need to tell you something and you can't be mad"  (As a side note Chris is rarely if ever mad and I didn't really think he would be mad but I WAS anxious because this was not the plan, I should have realized he would never have been mad about a baby and that I am more the planner in our family.)  He looked at me a bit crazy and said "okay?"  I didn't actually "tell" him anything I just handed him the test.

He was happy of course and hugged me, we are so very excited about this blessing.  The way this pregnancy surprised us is actually an answer to my prayers. I had been praying for the past few months that when the time came for us to have a baby that it would just happen and I wouldn't have time to stress or worry about us "trying" to have a baby.   I am so grateful and a bit overwhelmed by God's Kindness to us.  He has a plan so much bigger than anyone we would consider or concieve.

So now that the word is out I am hoping to share more of our journey thus far on here and as it continues, so stay tuned. :)

1 comment:

Iturblog said...

It's so awesome getting to read all of this! :) Thanks so much for sharing it! I'm SO excited for you all and will be praying for you!