Thursday, May 17

Centering Pregnancy: Session One 5/9/12

Went for my first session of Centering Pregnancy this past week.

If you haven't heard of it you can read more about it HERE.

Our practitioner recommended it to us because it is my first pregnancy and it is a great way to meet other women who are walking through pregnancy at the same time.  The cool thing about this group as well is that since it is through the OB clinic on base everyone is a military member/military spouse as well.

I really enjoyed the first session and getting to meet the other couples. Chris was at training so he wasn't able to attend this first session.  It was very laid back and we talked about nutrition and we each got to have a moment with the doctor and hear our baby's heartbeat.  Our little one's heartbeat was 146.  I LOVED hearing it with the Doppler.  I loved it so much that if they weren't so expensive I would want one so I could hear it everyday.  Guess I will just have to wait for our appointments/sessions!

I had gained more weight than I had thought I would thus far so I am trying to make sure that I am eating well and getting back active.  I think I may be past the extreme exhaustion since I have been waking up on my own at my normal time again which is so great.  That will help me to get back to exercising regularly instead of sporadically.  I do so much better exercising first thing in the mornings and if I wait till the end of the day it usually doesn't happen.

So that's our little update.  Next Appointment is the Anatomy Scan (Ultrasound) and we hope that we will be able to find out if we are having a little boy or a little girl.

I do have some bump picture to post so will get those up soon!

No comments: